Soft Tissue I: Soft Tissue Surgery
Gain more confidence, create new enthusiasm and enhance your surgical skills and capabilities to provide a better service and experience to your patients and clients.
Our Soft Tissue Surgery workshop is designed to be a hands-on practical workshop to develop your understanding of surgical wounds and stages of healing, closure techniques and diagnosing of skin masses. This workshop is ideal for Veterinarians wanting practical experience with close supervision by our specialised tutors.
- Halsteds principles and why they’re important
- Stages and types of wound healing (primary, secondary intention)
- Review of aseptic technique
- Surgical skin tension relieving wound closure techniques
- Local/subdermal skin flaps – advancement, rotational etc
- Axial pattern skin flaps
- Free grafts