Do you find assessing the meniscus challenging? Not sure how to treat or prevent meniscal disease?
This practical full-day surgical workshop is for all vets who perform cruciate surgery, no matter what procedure you use. It focuses on the techniques, equipment and decision-making used in mini-arthrotomies. By the end of the day, delegates should finish the course feeling confident in managing patients with meniscal disease.
- Perform epidural anaesthesia
- Approach the meniscus through a medial and lateral mini-arthrotomy
- Practice tips and tricks that increase visualisation of stifle anatomy
- Use with confidence a stifle distractor, meniscal probe, pull-knife and push-knife
- Perform meniscal surgery: probing, therapeutic release, prophylactic release and partial meniscectomy, and understand the pros and cons
- Become confident in applying evidence-based decision-making to your patients